Please make sure that you know the purpose and the rules of the
data collection, which are explained at the home page, before
continuing with the information on this page.
The main rules of the data collection are based on the following
- Worldwide cooperation
- Uniform Minimum Data Set
- Uniform codes for Diagnoses, Procedures and Complications
- Uniform software, or www data entry
To join the database please do the following steps:
- Please read the information at the home page
- Please register to get your Center Identification number
(Center ID) and access to the pages: Reports, Downloads, Data
- Please download the database software and the User's manual
which will guide you during the software installation
- Please collect the data and send them to the database on a
regular basis. Please use the secure data upload page.
Major benefits you may expect from being a Database member are
- You may collect your data according to European standards
- You will be able to compare your results with the results of
the other European Centres to the mean european values and the
results published in medical literature.
- You'll be supplied with the software for data collection, free
- You'll receive continuous technical and organisational support
from the Database staff.
- You'll have acces to the Database On line Reports.
- You will join the international community of pediatric
cardiothoracic surgeons and you will personally participate in the
improvement of the quality of treatment of children with Congenital